At the New Haven Lawn Club, we offer programs for children ranging from ages 3 to 13. Our general summer program, specialty camps, and before-and-after care programs provide children with engaging and exciting summer days embedded in New Haven's prestigious private club atmosphere. Over the course of the eight weeks of summer, each week focuses on different thematic activities that include crafts, science, and sports. Our specialty camps focus on a specific topic of interest, with a wide range of choices. Early registration is encouraged to ensure space, as enrollment is limited and assigned on a "first-come, first-serve" model. We incorporate flexibility, creativity and structure along with the intimacy provided by a small, professional staff.
The New Haven Lawn Club Summer Camp Program offers:
- Caring, competent, responsive, child-oriented supervision.
- Mixed age group camp with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
- Educational, fun activity related to the weekly theme.
- Age-appropriate, skill-building tennis clinic taught by our tennis pros.
- Squash clinics, for children entering grade 1–6, taught by our squash pros as an alternative choice to tennis.
- Swim lesson taught by our swim director and lifeguards that targets the skills your child needs to develop or strengthen.
- Sports/athletic games designed for your child's age and interests.
- Free swim supervised by playful, engaged counselors.
- Menus that offer fresh fruit and include healthy choices.
- During the "free choice" time block, children can choose amoung fee swim, creative play, Legos and arts and crafts.
- Specialty Camps offer intensive instruction in a small group setting and are geared towards our upper elementary and middle school aged campers.
- Rainy day programming offers arts and crafts, theme-related projects, Legos, board games, Peabody Museum field trips and active indoor play in the squash courts.
Swim, Tennis & Squash Camps
Specialty Swim Camps Novice, Young Competitor
and Competitor Camps
The NHLC Swimming Camp is a way for moderate to avid swimmers to hone their craft. Participants will receive two individual lessons during the week as well as participating in two 45-minute block group lessons.
Tennis Academy and Split Day Tennis Camp
NHLC Families may also register for NHLC Tennis Academy Camp. Children can choose to participate in the full day tennis camp or do a split-day camp, where children attend Tennis Academy, then join the NHLC Summer Program campers.
Squash clinics are offered during two weeks during the summer program. During these weeks children entering grades 1–6 may choose between either the squash or tennis clinic during the regular summer camp program.
If you have questions or would like more information about the New Haven Lawn Club Summer Program, please contact our Summer Program Director, Jennifer Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.